We work hard to make sure you’re satisfied. During the bike purchasing stage, we work with you individually and thanks to this bond, we do not want to jeopardize our relationship with you. In order to protect ourselves and you, the following is our warranty for Jack Kane Custom Racing Bicycles (JKCRB), effective September 1, 2011. Customers before this date will be taken care of on a case by case basis.
Our road, triathlon, and track bicycles are built for normal recreational and race situation environments. These are specific purposes and our bicycles are built for these purposes only. We use premium-industry materials and paints so we expect our bicycles to perform at the highest level. If your bike should fail due to manufacturing defects in a three (3) year period, we will repair it free of charge or replace it with the same or most comparable frame (our discretion). You will only be responsible for labor costs and replacement part costs (if necessary). It is your responsibility to send us solely the frame. If you send a complete bike, we will charge for bike disassembly. We cover paint and decals for one year. We cover the cost of shipping the bicycle back to you, but you are responsible for the shipment charge when you send your bicycle to us.
EXCEPTIONS and Ways to Void Our Warranty:
- Normal wear and tear
- Improper routine maintenance / or improperly maintained
- Issues, cracks, or breaks due to improper assembly from a non-JKCRB employee
- Damage caused by corrosion
- We do not cover chips
- Our warranty DOES NOT cover third party components and accessories attached to the bicycle frameset (wheels (excluding Jack Kane wheels), drivetrain, brakes, seat post (excluding K Team Carbon Krono seat post), handlebar, and stem. Issues with these items need to be address with the specific company. Any local shop can help, but JKCRB will make sure every manufacturer stands behind their warranties.
- Our warranty is non-transferable and is for the original owner only.
The warranty is VOID entirely if:
- The bicycle is not purchased directly through Jack Kane Custom Racing Bicycles
- Accessories and/or parts not originally intended are installed on the bicycle
- Each bike is individually numbered for each rider, so no warranty card is necessary
Crash Replacement Policy and Jack Kane Loyalty Program:
We’re a race bike company; crashes happen. It is sometimes difficult to assess the damage done to carbon fiber. If, after examining your bicycle, you find damage, we recommend that you send us the frame so we can investigate. We offer case by case replacement programs to help reduce potential replacement costs.
Our Philosophy and Stance on Stationary Trainers:
Bicycles are designed to respond to real-world riding environments, free from being locked down in a trainer. Normal spinning and sitting squarely on the saddle are fine in trainers. However, by standing up and rocking your bicycle in your trainer, you are essentially taking thousands of miles off the bike because it is never intended for stress at those angles. It fatigues the frame and has potential for failure.